What is All in the Family?
The Miami-Dade Family Learning Partnerships is implementing the All in the Family parenting program with the goal to increase parental competences, strengthen attachment and nurturing parents, and to reduce the likelihood of harsh and inappropriate discipline. The program uses The Incredible Years curriculum and emphasize parent-child interaction through active discussion and role play activities. The Incredible Years curriculum is one of the few evidence-based curricula approved by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA). All program staff has been trained by the developer and is under supervision to ensure implementation to fidelity. This program is funded by The Children’s Trust.
What are the services provided?
The program is implemented by providing parenting group sessions with teenage and young first time mothers with children under the age of three (3) residing in low-income areas of Miami-Dade County.
- Program stimulated by video vignettes of real life situations
- Multiple daily group sessions to accomodate teenagers in school and working parents
- Sessions are conducted in English, Spanish and Haitian-Creole
- Child development screenings
- Referrals and educational activities
- All mothers are screened for Postpartum Depression, stress and parenting interactions