What is All in the Family?
Miami-Dade Family Learning Partnership offers an intensive parenting support program with a focus on strengthening parent-child interactions, nurturing relationships, reducing harsh discipline, and fostering parents’ ability to promote children’s social, emotional, and language development. The program uses The Incredible Years curriculum, one of the few evidence-based curricula approved by the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration. This program is funded by The Children’s Trust and is free to families residing in Miami-Dade County.
What are the services provided?
The program offers group sessions. Sessions are conducted in English, Spanish, and Haitian-Creole and are held weekly.
- Interactive play group activities to bond with your child
- Discussions simulated by video vignettes
- Child development screenings
- Referrals to community resources
- All parents are screened for postpartum depression, stress, and parenting challenges
Who is eligible?
Parents must live in Miami-Dade County. The parents are grouped according to the age of your child:
- Infant: Expecting parents and parents of babies (birth-12 months of age)
- Parents of toddlers (1-2 years of age)
- Parents of preschoolers (3-5 years of age)
How do parents register for the program?
Classes are free to families residing in Miami-Dade County. Click here or call 305-891-7323 for additional information.